ITKAN’s 4th Annual Business After-Hours was last Thursday (the 14th) evening at the incredibly renovated Microsoft Technology Center Chicago. For those who registered and were unable to join us, we missed you and you missed a great evening. Sorry you were unable to make it, but we’ve attached a photo of the award celebration!
Top 10 things you experienced – or missed – at ITKAN’s 4th Annual Business After-Hours!
- Drinks and food in the MTC’s spacious and elegant front lobby with great conversation, networking, and camaraderie!
- A spontaneous tour by Adam Hecktman of our Advisory Team and Microsoft Philanthropies!
- Introductory remarks by Pat Maher with video of ITKAN meetings through 2019 and soundtrack!
- Keynote remarks by Danielle DuMerer focused on City of Chicago tech efforts to benefit all, including PwD and Shedd’s innovative programs engaging the disability community!
- Presentation by Adam Hecktman of a signed copy of George RR Martin’s A Game of Thrones to Danielle!
- Poignant remarks by Marc Stein, brother of Rose Stein, on the significance of the Light from Within Award!
- Presentation of the Rose Stein Light from Within Award to Jack Crowe, Executive Director of Year Up Chicago!
- Jack’s impassioned remarks following the award presentation that we all have responsibility to level the playing field for opportunity for youth with disabilities…YU Chicago wants to screen them for future cohorts!
- Val Kendrick, Advisory Team member and mother of Gerise – long-time ITKAN member and YU cohort grad – gives very personal closing remarks on Finding our Light from Within!
- Gina Figliulo of SPR keeps the bar open for our first after, after-hours much to the delight of all!
There you have it…hope to see everyone throughout 2020 and for our 5th Annual After-Hours!